These are the minimum requirements for a student to attain an Alberta High School Diploma.
Certificate of High School Achievement
Students who are enrolled in Knowledge and Employability courses and who satisfy the requirements are awarded a Certificate of High School Achievement.
High School Equivalency Diploma
For a person who is 18 years or older as of September 1 of the current school year, who is deficient in the credits needed for an Alberta High School Diploma, who has been out of school for at least 10 consecutive months, and who wishes to obtain a High School Equivalency Diploma
Certificate of School Completion
The Certificate of School Completion may be awarded to students with a significant cognitive disability who meet the qualification criteria.
A mature student, for Alberta High School Diploma purposes, is one who, as of September 1 of the current school year, is:
- 19 years of age or older; or
- the holder of a previously awarded high school diploma from the province of Alberta, or an equivalent high school diploma from a jurisdiction acceptable to the Minister
Diploma Exam Information
- Diploma exams are administered each year in January, April, June, August, and November.
- View the full 2022/23 Diploma Exam Schedule
- Student results are available on myPass approximately 3 weeks after writing diploma exams.
A student who is wanting to re write a diploma exam must sign up for a re write on their own through their MyPass account. What is MyPass? Information here